Bang & Olufsen turntable. Beogram 1000. HI-FI Stereo. Fully revitalized.
The Bang & Olufsen a/s company was established in 1925 by Peter Bang and Svend Olufsen in Struer (Denmark). As early as in the 30s and 40s the company could boast several, significant successes, such as a sound recording system for the film industry, roof-mounted loudspeakers for circuses and military vehicles, or the iconic Beolit 39 radio receiver. Unfortunately, during World War II the company suffered enormous losses, when the factory in Struer was burnt by Nazi supporters as a revenge for refusal to cooperate with the Germans. Eventually, the company managed to rebuild its production and after 1955 Bang & Olufsen offered a wide range of radio receivers and continued to expand its product offer. The main focus was put on the highest quality and design. The company cooperated with many appreciated designers (especially when creating new radio receivers and loudspeakers), which in the year 1978 resulted in an exhibition of Bang & Olufsen projects in the Museum of Contemporary Art in New York. Currently, the company produces audio equipment, loudspeakers, headphones and TV sets of the highest quality, it has more than 700 points of sale all over the world.
The B&O turntable with the number 1000 as the first model under the name BeoGram is the trendsetter of its time. It was designed in the 1960s by Jacob Jensen. The iconic arm and MMC cartridge were created by Erik Rorbaek Madsen.
A distinctive feature of this turntable, in addition to its beautiful shape, is a very stable construction that significantly reduces the level of vibration and interference, and which was designed to ensure the highest sound quality even at dance parties. The presented model is equipped with a precisely shaped SP8 elliptical stylus that guarantees perfect playback.
The device has been reviewed and serviced.
– MMC cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable with a dedicated SP8 elliptical stylus
– double enclosure damping system
– direct drive system
– aluminum arm ST / L 15 degrees
– the platter has been mechanically polished, which gave it a brand new look
– the cover has been polished and waxed, which gave it a brand new look
– new power cable and braided signal cables
– synchronization fluctuations – 0.15% of the peak value
– suspended motherboard (floating system)
– platter: non-magnetic, dynamically balanced, removable
– enclosure made of exotic Lauro Preto and beech wood, finished with oil produced from natural Chinese oils, natural wood colour
– high vibration damping coefficient
– adjustable speed 33, 45, 78 rpm
– solid, mechanically damped platter with a thick anti-static mat
– noise and flutter: 0.15% WRMS
– turntable dimensions: width 36 cm, depth 31 cm, height 15 cm
– rumble: 55dB
– weight about 7 kg
– year of production 1967