CEC BD 2000 turntable. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized. Ortofon M15 cartridge.
CEC was established in 1954 as the first turntable manufacturer in Japan and it quickly gained a good reputation among music lovers. In 1983, CEC introduced a CD player based on the belt system used in turntables. And in 1991, it developed the belt drive, which became the heart of every CEC drive, continuously improved by the company. The latest version of this technology was based on the CD5 player and took the form of a new drive – TL-5. CEC’s goal was always clearly stated – to create unique, high-end audio products. In 2011, a new company building and a new production plant were opened in Japan.
The CEC BD 2000 is a high-quality belt-driven turntable made in Japan. This model is distinguished by a high-quality AC synchronous motor and a heavy, aluminum cast platter weighing 1.1 kg.
The enclosure has been completely revitalized – exotic acajou wood with finishing in Chinese oil produced from natural oils was used. In addition, it has been equipped with a high-quality Ortofon F15 cartridge with a dedicated elliptical stylus which provides a very wide space and precisely reproduces the soundstage.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– Ortofon M15 cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable and a dedicated elliptical stylus
– belt drive – AC synchronous motor
– distortion-free, statically balanced S-shaped tone arm
– the plate has been mechanically polished, which gave it a totally brand new look
– the cover has been re-polished and waxed, which gave it a totally brand new look
– new power cord and braided signal cables
– platter – 300 mm, die-cast aluminum alloy – 1.1 kg
– enclosure made of exotic acajou wood, finishing with oil produced from natural Chinese oils, burgundy colour
– high vibration damping factor
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– frequency response 20 Hz – 20,000 kHz
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped aluminum plate with a thick antistatic mat
– noise and flutter: 0.1%
– signal-to-noise ratio 62 dB
– dimensions of the turntable: width 43.5 cm, depth 35 cm, height 19.5 cm
– weight approximately 9 kg
– year of production 1974/76
– made in Japan