Dual 1245 turntable. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized. Shure M75 B cartridge.
The Dual company was established on February 1st 1907 in Black Forest (Germany) by two brothers, Christian and Joseph Steidinger, as a fine mechanics factory specialising in manufacturing of clockwork and gramophone parts. In 1927, Gebrüder Steidinger changed its name to Dual in reference to the dual-mode power supplies which allowed gramophones to be powered from the mains or with a wind-up mechanism. Soon after, the company began producing turntables of its own. After the Second World War, it became the biggest manufacturer of turntables in Europe. However, Dual, managed by the Germans, did not withstand the Japanese competition and after the bankruptcy in 1982 it was sold to Thomson. In 1988 it was bought by Schneider Rundfunkwerke AG, a German company. Between 1970 and 1990 it also produced other audio and video equipment such as: cassette players, VCRs, CD players etc.
In 1993-34, Dual was split into:
– Dual Phono Gmbh acquired by a company called Alfred Fehrenbacher, which has continued to manufacture turntables in the Black Forest on the same traditional product line. They can be recognised by the CS code.
– Dual DGC Gmbh selling mostly rebranded consumer electronics made in the Far East (including the turntables with the DT code).
For the American market (after the insolvency of Schneider Rundfunkwerke AG in 2001) the right to use Dual brand was bought by a Chinese company called TCL Holdings, which passed it on to a Korean company called Namsung Electronics in 2002. Currently Dual Electronics Corporation manufactures audio, video and GPS equipment to be installed in cars, boats and at home.
The presented model Dual 1245 is equipped with the Shure M75 B cartridge with a dedicated elliptical stylus that provides very wide space and precisely reproduces the soundstage.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– Shure M75 B cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable and a dedicated elliptical stylus
– double housing damping system (spring-balanced-damping)
– drive: 8-pole synchronous motor
– tonearm: torsion resistant tubular aluminum arm in a four-point cardan joint
– the cover has been re-polished and waxed, which gave it a totally brand new look
– the plate has been mechanically polished, which gave it a totally brand new look
– new power cord and braided signal cables
– suspended motherboard (floating system)
– platter: dynamically balanced, cast, removable, 1.3kg, 305mm
– enclosure made of iroko exotic wood, wood finish is oil made of natural Chinese oils, natural wood colour
– drive mechanically separated and decoupled
– high vibration damping factor
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– speed control: illuminated strobe
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped plate with a thick antistatic mat
– auto-stop with the arm lift and return at the end of a record
– noise and flutter: 0.09% WRMS
– rumble: 63dB
– dimensions of the turntable: width 44 cm, depth 37 cm, height 19 cm
– weight approx. 9 kg
– year of production 1977/80