Dual CL-1280 speakers. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized.
The Dual company was established on February 1st 1907 in Black Forest (Germany) by two brothers, Christian and Joseph Steidinger, as a fine mechanics factory specialising in manufacturing of clockwork and gramophone parts. In 1927, Gebrüder Steidinger changed its name to Dual in reference to the dual-mode power supplies which allowed gramophones to be powered from the mains or with a wind-up mechanism. Soon after, the company began producing turntables of its own. After the Second World War, it became the biggest manufacturer of turntables in Europe. However, Dual, managed by the Germans, did not withstand the Japanese competition and after the bankruptcy in 1982 it was sold to Thomson. In 1988 it was bought by Schneider Rundfunkwerke AG, a German company. Between 1970 and 1990 it also produced other audio and video equipment such as: cassette players, VCRs, CD players etc.
In 1993/4, Dual was split into:
– Dual Phono Gmbh acquired by a company called Alfred Fehrenbacher, which has continued to manufacture turntables in the Black Forest on the same traditional product line. They can be recognised by the CS code.
– Dual DGC Gmbh selling mostly rebranded consumer electronics made in the Far East (including the turntables with the DT code).
For the American market (after the insolvency of Schneider Rundfunkwerke AG in 2001) the right to use Dual brand was bought by a Chinese company called TCL Holdings, which passed it on to a Korean company called Namsung Electronics in 2002. Currently Dual Electronics Corporation manufactures audio, video and GPS equipment to be installed in cars, boats and at home.
Despite their medium size, the loudspeakers surprise the listener with their natural sound and deep, soft bass. The set is so universal that it matches any type of music you listen to.
The enclosures have been completely revitalized. Exotic Acajou wood adds incredible charm to the speakers. High quality finishing screws. Original grilles. The wood finish is Chinese oil produced from natural oils. The wood is very pleasant to the touch. The set has been fully reviewed and serviced.
Included are two speaker cables with a cross section of 2 × 2.5 mm and length of 2 × 5 m
The set is 100% functional, the speakers are in perfect condition.
– 3-way system, bass-reflex – 5cm
– power 80W, RMS 100W
– impedance 8 Ohm
– frequency response: 35Hz – 25 000 KHz
– dimensions – 56cm x 30cm x 25cm (height x width x depth)
– weight – approx. 10 kg (pcs.)
– woofer – 23 cm
– oval midrange speaker – 7 cm
– oval tweeter – 2,5 cm
– German production from 1985/88