Kenwood KD 1033 turntable. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized. Shure M91 ED cartridge.
Kenwood company was established in Japan in 1946 as Kasuga Radio Co. Ltd. In 1960 the company was renamed Trio Corporation. In 1963 the first overseas office was founded in Los Angeles County, California, USA. The name Kenwood was invented by Kasuga as being the combination of “Ken”, a name common to Japan and North America, and an English word “Wood”, suggesting a relation to Hollywood, California. The company was supposed to be the exclusive importer of Trio products in USA. The brand recognition of Kenwood eventually surpassed that of Trio’s, and in 1986 Trio bought Kenwood and renamed itself Kenwood. Kenwood merged with JVC in 2008 as JVC Kenwood and is currently one of the JVCKENWOOD Corporation brands. The Kenwood brand is famous for its production of car audio equipment, home hi-fi, CB radios and walkie-talkies. In addition, it is in no way related to the British home appliances manufacturer, Kenwood Ltd.
Kenwood KD-1033 is a good quality belt-driven turntable, a classic of the 70s era. The soft floating suspension used allows to acoustically separate the mechanism from the enclosure, which eliminates any interference and sound distortion. Additionally, we have equipped the model with Shure M91 ED cartridge (with a new elliptical stylus), which ensures optimized sound reproduction.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– Shure M91 ED cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable, new elliptical stylus
– double housing damping system (spring-balanced-damping)
– drive: belt-driven 4-pole synchronous motor
– the plate has been mechanically polished, which gave it a totally brand new look
– distortion-free, metal, cylindrical, low weight S-shaped arm
– the cover has been re-polished and waxed, which gave it a totally brand new look
– new power cord and braided signal cables
– suspended motherboard (floating system)
– platter: 300 mm, made of zinc alloy, removable
– the enclosure is made of American walnut wood, wood finish is oil produced from natural Chinese oils, the colour of natural wood
– high vibration damping factor
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped aluminum plate with a thick antistatic mat
– noise and flutter: 0.06% WRMS
– signal-to-noise ratio: above 48 dB
– dimensions of the turntable: width 45.5 cm, depth 34 cm, height 18 cm
– weight about 10 kg
– year of production 1975/79