Lenco L 82 turntable. Fully revitalized. Shure M 91 ED cartridge.
Lenco was founded in 1946 in Burgdorf, Switzerland, by the married couple Fritz and Marie Laeng, who had been running an electrical business since 1925. The couple opened a small turntable factory, naming the brand (according to Marie’s idea) Lenco after their last name. Due to the reliability of the products sold and excellent service, the company’s reputation quickly grew, and in 1961, in Osimo another factory – Lenco Italiana was established.
One of the company’s partners was ExLibris-Komet, which designed Lenco turntables with a built-in tube amplifier. The company also cooperated with Goldring, the producer of audio equipment and worldwide exporter. The collaboration was so strong that for a period of time the legendary L75 turntables were sold by Goldring as GL75. Over time, Lenco evolved and exported products to over eighty countries. However, in 1974 Marie Laeng died, the entire world economy was in crisis, and Asia was flooding Europe with good and inexpensive turntables. In consequence the company was forced to reduce its product portfolio and the number of employees. When Lenco AG Burgdorf was declared bankrupt three years later, Lenco Audio AG was established immediately. Its sole task was to provide repair and post-warranty service of the equipment sold. In 1978, Fritz Laeng died, and in 1997 the name Lenco was taken over by the Dutch company Lenco STL Group, and then 8 years later by Commaxx International NV. Today, the “smart-choice” consumer electronics products are sold under the Lenco brand, including turntables, radios and speakers.
The company’s greatest achievement was the legendary and best-selling L 75 turntable, launched in 1967. This model was considered to be a benchmark and was almost indestructible, mainly thanks to its solid structure, reliable direct drive and an extremely heavy (4 kg!), stable platter.
The L82 is a high quality turntable made in Switzerland in the 70s. The model is characterized by a beautiful classic design. Its simple, elegant wooden enclosure and slender S-shaped arm are the most impressive elements.
The enclosure has been fully revitalized – rosewood was used. Wood finish is Chinese oil produced from natural oils and natural, turpentine-based beeswax. The wood is extremely pleasant to the touch. Additionally, the turntable has been equipped with a high quality Shure M 91 ED cartridge with a dedicated elliptical stylus.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– Shure M 91 ED cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable and the dedicated elliptical stylus
– belt drive – synchronous motor
– distortion-free, statically-balanced S-shaped, plastic tone arm
– the plate was mechanically polished, which gave it a totally brand new look
– the cover has been re-polished and waxed, which gave it a totally brand new look
– new power cable and braided signal cables
– platter: aluminum alloy die casting, weight: 1,2 kg
– new high quality legs made of solid aluminum
– enclosure made of rosewood, finishing with oil produced from natural Chinese oils, natural wood colour
– high vibration damping coefficient
– adjustable speed – 33, 45 rpm
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped aluminum plate with a thick anti-static mat
– turntable dimensions: width 49 cm, depth 38 cm, height 17 cm
– weight approx. 14 kg
– year of production 1978
– made in Switzerland