Philips 594 amplifier. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalised.
Koninklijke Philips N.V. commonly known as Philips was founded in 1891 by Gerard Philips and his father Frederik. Frederik, a Jewish banker, financed the purchase and furnishing of a factory in Eindhoven, where in 1892 the company started production of carbon fiber lamps and other electronic products. After three hard years, Anton, Gerard’s younger brother, joined the company and developed both sales and new technical solutions. At the beginning of the 20th century, the company began expanding to Europe and then to the world. Among others Philips Italy (1918), Philips Germany (1926), Philips Portugal (1927), Polskie Zakłady Philips SA (1928), Philips India (1930), Philips Hong Kong (1948) were set up. In 1927, Philips began producing radio and became their world’s largest producer in five years. In the 1930s, the so-called “Chapel” or a characteristic triangular radio with built-in loudspeaker was designed. Another innovative product called “Porteldisc” or the “hat box” and popularized in 1942 was a portable turntable with a built-in amplifier and a loudspeaker. In 1963, Philips introduced a cassette tape (thus establishing a global recording standard), and then in 1996 the first cassette player known as the “radio player”. In 2013, despite the sales plans of the business unit supplying audio equipment, the contract between Philip and Funai Electric was not signed.
Model 594 Integrated Amplifier is an amplifier characterized by a beautiful, warm and soft sound as well as classic and elegant design. Noteworthy is the minimalistic form of the front panel, made of brushed aluminum and the stereo analogue power meters, which thanks to the revitalization gained a beautiful red backlight. The 594 model was recommended by Philips engineers as part of the high-quality Hifi 458 tower, which also included the AF 777 turntable, 694 T tuner and the N 2544 cassette tape recorder.
The enclosure has been completely revitalised, made of teak wood. The wood finish is Chinese oil produced from natural oils. The wood is soft to the touch. Potentiometers in perfect condition. The metal mesh was cleaned of old coatings, painted and varnished.
The amplifier has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– power : 2 x 40W at 4 Ohm, stereo
– frequency response – 25Hz – 25kHz
– total harmonic distortion: 0.7%
– input sensitivity: 2.3mV (MM), 200mV (line)
– output sensitivity: 200mV (line), 1V (Pre out)
– signal to noise ratio: 52dB (MM), 52dB (ceramic), 53dB (line)
– impedance: 4 Ohm – 8 Ohm
– weight: 8 kg
– dimensions: 49cm x 16cm x 34cm (W x H x D)
– produced in 1978