Pioneer PL-10 turntable. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalised. Ortofon 2M Red cartridge.
In 1937 Nozomu Matsumoto created the first magnetoelectric speaker in Japan, and a year later, he registered in Tokyo the company with the name Fukuin Shokai Denki Seisakusho. In 1961, the company’s name was changed to Pioneer Electronic Corporation. However, the breakthrough came in 1962, when the company entered the Tokyo Stock Exchange and created the world’s first stereo system with speakers in separate housings. Four years later, Pioneer opened branches in the USA and in Europe.
In 1978, the company created one of the best-known and most powerful receivers in its history SX-1980. Pioneer can also be proud of great successes in the world of auto-moto, as it introduced in 1975 the world’s first automotive stereo subassembly, then in 1984 a CD player and GPS navigation in 1990. The company also played a major role in the development of DVDs, plasma TVs and Organic LED display technologies (OLED). The company is currently a part of Pioneer & Onkyo Corporation.
Pioneer PL-10 is a model produced in the first half of the 70s. It is a manual, belt-drive turntable with a 4-pole synchronous motor. The Pioneer drive system built into the PL-10 owes its popularity to the excellent speed stability and better signal-to-noise ratio provided by the polyurethane belt. This system is not subject to temperature or humidity changes and is one of the reasons for the exceptional performance of this model. In addition, we have equipped the presented turntable with a unique Ortofon 2M Red cartridge (with an elliptical stylus), which, thanks to the improved motor, ensures optimized sound reproduction and a very high level of sound accuracy.
It has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– professionally calibrated with a Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and a new dedicated eliptic stylus
– double dampening system (spring-balanced-damping)
– motor: 4-pole synchronous motor, belt-drive
– static balance type, pipe arm (s-shaped)
– the plate was mechanically polished, which made it look like new again
– original protective foil on aluminum elements
– the cover has been re-polished and rewaxed, which made it look like new again
– suspended system (floating system)
– plate: 300 mm, detachable.
– the case is made of egzotic Sapeli wood, finished with oil produced of natural Chinese oils, natural wood colour
– vibration damping coefficient
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– solid, mechanically damped aluminum plate with a thick antistatic mat
– wow and flutter: 0.1% WRMS
– rumble: 47dB
– adjustable anti – skating and cushioned tone arm lifting system
– dimensions: 43 cm, 34 cm, 17 cm (WxDxH)
– new braided power and signal cables
– weight ca. 9 kg
– produced in 1974
Technical characteristics Ortofon 2M Red cartridge:
– output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5.5 mV
– channel balance at 1 kHz – 1.5 dB
– channel separation at 1 kHz – 22 dB
– channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
– frequency range at – 3dB – 20-22.000 Hz
– frequency response – 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / – 1 dB
– tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 70 ?m
– compliance, dynamic, lateral – 20 ?m/mN
– stylus type – Elliptical
– stylus tip radius – r/R 8/18 ?m
– tracking force range – 1.6-2.0 g (16-20 mN)
– tracking force, recommended – 1.8 g (18 mN)
– tracking angle – 20°
– internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.3 kOhm
– internal inductance – 700 mH
– recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
– recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
– cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Red
– cartridge weight – 7.2 g