Pioneer PL 12D II turntable. Classic Vintage. Completely revitalized. Shure M95 ED cartridge.
In 1937 Nozomu Matsumoto created the first magnetoelectric speaker in Japan, and a year later, he registered in Tokyo the company with the name Fukuin Shokai Denki Seisakusho. In 1961, the company’s name was changed to Pioneer Electronic Corporation. However, the breakthrough came in 1962, when the company entered the Tokyo Stock Exchange and created the world’s first stereo system with speakers in separate housings. Four years later, Pioneer opened branches in the USA and in Europe.
In 1978, the company created one of the best-known and most powerful receivers in its history SX-1980. Pioneer can also be proud of great successes in the world of auto-moto, as it introduced in 1975 the world’s first automotive stereo subassembly, then in 1984 a CD player and GPS navigation in 1990. The company also played a major role in the development of DVDs, plasma TVs and Organic LED display technologies (OLED). The company is currently a part of Pioneer & Onkyo Corporation.
In this model the PL-12D motor drives the platter not via a system of trouble prone idlers but via the tried and true Pioneer belt transmission, shutting out motor vibrations and rumble while improving the overall signal to noise ratio.
The polyurethane belt resists temperature changes as well as ageing remarkably well. The 4-pole synchronous motor features highly accurate and stable speed and revolves with practically no vibrations. Stability is improved by the fine machining of the zinc-alloy platter and an absolute lateral balance weight. A specially developed spring activated anti-skating device and great tonearm geometry keep the stylus tracking perfectly along the centre of the record Groove. These solutions guarantee fine channel separation when playing stereo records.
The device has been completely checked and serviced.
– professionally calibrated with a Shure M95 ED cartridge and a dedicated eliptic stylus
– double dampening system (spring-balanced-damping)
– drive: belt driver 4-pole synchronous motor
– platter: 30cm aluminium alloy, removable
– tonearm: s-shaped pipe
– the cover has been re-polished and re-waxed, which made it look like new
– new braided power and signal cables
– floating subchassis
– housing made of american walnut wood, finished with oil made of natural Chinese oils, natural wood color
– high vibration damping coefficient
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped aluminum plate with a thick antistatic mat
– wow and flutter: 0.1% WRMS
– rumble: 47 dB
– turntable cleaning arm is a part of this set
– dimensions: W 46,5 cm, D 36 cm, H 20 cm
– weight approx. 13 kg
– produced in 1972/76
– produced in in Japan