Pioneer PL 570 turntable. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized. Ortofon 2M Black cartridge.
In 1937 Nozomu Matsumoto created the first magnetoelectric speaker in Japan, and a year later, he registered in Tokyo the company with the name Fukuin Shokai Denki Seisakusho. In 1961, the company’s name was changed to Pioneer Electronic Corporation. However, the breakthrough came in 1962, when the company entered the Tokyo Stock Exchange and created the world’s first stereo system with speakers in separate housings. Four years later, Pioneer opened branches in the USA and in Europe.
In 1978, the company created one of the best-known and most powerful receivers in its history SX-1980. Pioneer can also be proud of great successes in the world of auto-moto, as it introduced in 1975 the world’s first automotive stereo subassembly, then in 1984 a CD player and GPS navigation in 1990. The company also played a major role in the development of DVDs, plasma TVs and Organic LED display technologies (OLED). The company is currently a part of Pioneer & Onkyo Corporation.
The XL A700 is a version of the PL 570. It is Pioneer’s fully automatic and the most prestigious turntable from the PL-5XX series launched in the second half of the seventies. This model is distinguished by a very solid, precise design and an extremely simple and elegant wooden enclosure with details made from brushed aluminium. The PL 570 has been equipped with many advanced solutions such as: anti-skating force control, side balancer, counterweight with direct reading of the stylus pressure, device for adjusting the arm height, headshell stand and strobe.
This model is highly appreciated for its exceptionally smooth, even rotations guaranteeing quiet operating and high-quality, undisturbed reproduction of sound.
Additionally, the turntable is equipped with the iconic Ortofon 2M Black cartridge with a dedicated elliptical stylus that provides a very wide space and precisely reproduces the soundstage.
The enclosure of the presented model has been completely revitalized – palisander wood has been used with finishing in Chinese oil produced from natural oils and natural turpentine-based beeswax. All metal elements and the bottom of the turntable have been cleaned and painted using the automotive wet painting technique. Black varnish was used, protected with a satin colourless one.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– Ortofon 2M Black cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable
– direct drive – Hall PLL brushless engine
– distortion-free, statically balanced S-shaped arm
– the plate has been mechanically polished, which gave it a totally brand new look
– the cover has been re-polished and waxed, which gave it a totally brand new look
– new power cord and braided signal cables
– plate – 324 mm, die-cast aluminum alloy
– the enclosure is made of Rosewood wood, finishing with oil produced from natural Chinese oils, the colour of natural wood
– high vibration damping factor
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– speed control range + – 6%
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped aluminum plate with a thick antistatic mat
– noise and flutter – 0.025%
– signal-to-noise ratio of 70 dB
– dimensions of the turntable – width 49 cm, depth 39 cm, height 19 cm
– weight approximately 15 kg
– year of production 1977/78
2M Black cartridge specifications:
– the entire needle made of diamond with advanced line contact cut (Shibata) significantly increases the contact area with the groove walls and provides exceptionally detailed sound reproduction across the entire spectrum
– the cartridge body made of Hopelex, an environmentally friendly material that provides high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances
– improved drive with split poles and silver-plated copper wire
2M Black is the best; it is precise, provides resolution and proper insight into the recording.
The producer grants a 24-month warranty period.
Technical data of the cartridge:
– Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5 mV
– Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1 dB
– Channel separation at 1 kHz – 26 dB
– Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
– Frequency response – 20-20.000 + 2 / – 0 dB
– Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 80 um
– Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 um/mN
– Stylus type – Nude Shibata
– Stylus tip radius – r/R 6/50 um
– Tracking force range – 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
– Tracking force, recommended – 1.5 g (15 mN)
– Tracking angle – 20°
– Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.2 kOhm
– Internal inductance – 630 mH
– Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
– Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
– Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Black
– Cartridge weight – 7.2 g