Revox A 78 amplifier. Revox A 76 tuner. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized.
Studer is a Swiss designer and producer of audio equipment for recording studios. The company was founded in Zurich in 1948 by Willi Studer. Reel-to-reel tape recorders first produced by Studer were called Dynavox. Dynavox 100 was succeeded by the first Revox recorder, the T26 from 1952. The name Revox was adopted as the brand of commercial “reels” in 1951, while professional studio equipment kept the name Studer. In 1990, Willi Studer sold the Studer Revox Group to Motor-Columbus AG. One year later, Motor-Columbus split the company into Studer (Pro), Revox (HiFi) and a production division. The extensive reorganization ended with the sale of the Studer Group to Harman International Inc. in March 1994.
In addition to the highest quality reel-to-reel tape recorders, the Revox brand also encompassed valued cassette tape recorders, CD players, amplifiers and tuners – most often based on Studer’s studio designs.
Revox A 78 is a much improved version of the valued A 50 model. Changes, almost invisible when taking into account the simple and timeless design, mainly concern electronic solutions. As a result, the transmission properties of the A 78 accommodate all important factors, such as: excellent linearity, low distortion and a very good signal-to-noise ratio.
A 76 is a very good quality Revox tuner produced at the turn of the 60s and 70s. This model is characterized by a very clearly organized interior and very modern solutions concerning the use of new circuits. Reception and listening tests carried out after the A 76 had been launched showed it met the highest requirements, and thus has been included in an elite group of the best VHF receivers in the world.
The enclosures have been fully revitalized, made from teak wood. The wood finishing is Chinese oil produced from natural oils, and natural turpentine-based beeswax. The devices have been fully reviewed and serviced, they were given new aluminium legs.
New yellow illumination of the front panel of the tuner.
Collector’s models. The devices are in perfect condition!
Revox A 78 amplifier. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized.
– power – 2 x 40W at 8 Ohm, 2 x 60W at 4 Ohm, stereo
– frequency response – 20Hz – 20kHz
– total harmonic distortion – 0.1%
– input sensitivity – 2,7mV (microphone), 2,7mV (MM), 230mV (ceramic), 100mV (line)
– signal-to-noise ratio – 65dB (MM), 75dB (line)
– damping factor – 20
– impedance 4 – 16 Ohm
– weight – 9 kg
– output – 155mV (line)
– dimensions – 42cm x 17cm x 25cm (width x height x depth)
– year of production – 1971/77
Revox A 76 tuner. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized.
– Mono/stereo tuner
– FM tuning range 87,5 -108 MHz, doesn?t require re-tuning
– tuning bands FM, MW
– FM tuning range: 88 – 108 Mhz
– MW tuning range: 520 – 1605 khz
– sensitivity: 1.0uV (FM)
– distortion: 0,2% (FM)
– output: 1000mV
– frequency response: 30 Hz to 15 kHz (FM)
– signal-to-noise ratio: 70 dB (FM)
– weight: 8 kg
– dimensions: 42cm x 17cm x 25cm (width x height x depth)
– year of production 1976/79