Technics SL CD Player – P277A. Fully revitalized.
Technics is a Japanese brand name owned by Panasonic Corporation, one of the biggest manufacturers of consumer electronics in the world.
The brand was introduced in 1965 by Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd. A compact set of speakers (Technics 1) was manufactured at that time, which reproduced a bass comparable to standard floor systems. In the second half of the 1960s, a series of X0A amplifiers appeared within the brand, and in 1970 the SP-10 was created, which is the world’s first direct-drive turntable that has been broadcasting radio stations. On the other hand, this turntable, one of the SL-1200 series, which was produced for almost 40 years, has won customers’ hearts. In the ’80s, Technics still featured great quality amplifiers and speaker systems, as well as the first CD players.
Technics SL – P277A is a reliable, precise and fast CD player, distinguished by warm and dynamic sound.
The enclosure has been completely revitalized. The top cover has been cleaned and painted using the automotive wet painting technique. Black varnish was used and secured with a clear matte one. The new walnut side boards give the player an elegant look.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– cleaning and adjustment of the MASH reader
– refilling lubricants
– replacement of the drawer belt
– laser cleaning
– checking and alignment of L – R channels
– front panel washed in an ultrasonic cleaner
– mechanics setting
– cleaning the contacts of the front panel
– disc format – CD
– frequency response – 2Hz to 20kHz
– dynamic range – 95 dB
– signal-to-noise ratio – 105 dB
– total harmonic distortion – 0,003%
– line output – 2V
– CD mechanism – CDM – 4/19
– dimensions – 47 cm x 27 cm x 10 cm (width, depth, height)
– weight – 4,5 kg
– Japanese production from – 1990/91