Telefunken TH 600 headphones. Classic Vintage. Stand and box included in the price.
Emperor Wilhelm II has urged two competitive research groups, Siemens & Halske GmbH and radio station specialists in the AEG department, to join forces and to create Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie mbH in 1903. In 1904, the company changed its name to Telefunken, Gesellschaft für drahtlose Telegraphie.
During World War I, the company supplied radio sets and telegraph equipment for the army and created the first radio navigation system for Zeppelin airships.
In 1923, Telefunken started mass production of radio receivers, and in 1928 the company designed the V-41, the first two-stage hi-fi amplifier. Later, in 1950, the V-72 amplifier was introduced, which was used by the Beatles at Abbey Road Studios during many of their first recordings.
In 1941, AEG took over 50% of Telefunken shares, which until now were owned by Siemens & Halske AG. At the end of World War II, all production plants and equipment of the company were destroyed or confiscated. But in 1953, the company already owned six production facilities, and in 1969 AEG-Telefunken delivered a two-millio tape recorder. In 1995, the management decided to dissolve the company, but the right to the Telefunken name is currently held by the TELEFUNKEN Holding AG group.
TH 600 is the top model of the TH headphone series. Telefunken put the following description of the headphones in the 1973 catalog:
“… Good frequency response, low distortion factors and excellent sensitivity are the hallmarks of the TH 600 headphones …” “… The sound clarity of the TH 600 is enhanced thanks to the use of two tilted systems that are anatomically adjusted to the listener’s ears. The TH 600 model is equipped with a balance and volume control placed on each ear muff … ”
Old pads were replaced with properly selected substitutes made of velour. The headband covered with eco-leather has been cleaned, moisturized and protected with a lotion based on lanolin, aloe, beeswax and Carnauba wax.
Specially designed and hand-made solid headphone stands included. The material is plywood, varnished using the automotive wet painting technique, which gives the stands a beautiful look and makes them very pleasant to the touch. Felt pads have been affixed to the base to prevent furniture scratches.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced. Collector’s headphones. In perfect condition!
– frequency response – 16Hz – 20kHz
– impedance – 4 Ohm
– coiled cable length – 2.5 m
– weight – 400 grams
– year of production 1973
– made in Germany