Yamaha YP D7 turntable. Classic Vintage. Fully revitalized. Ortofon 2M Black cartridge.
In 1887 Torakusu Yamaha built his first keyboard wind instrument. Ten years later Torakusu established Nippon Gakki Co. Ltd. and produced pianos and reed organs, which were rewarded in 1904 with Honorary Main Reward at the World Fair in Saint Louis. In the following years, the company extended its offer of musical instruments and produced pianos, acoustic guitars, trumpets, percussions, electric guitars, etc. The company also began to produce audio equipment. The first turntables were created in the 1920s, but especially valued hi-fi devices (mainly amplifiers and CD players) and high-quality loudspeakers that complemented them were created in the 70?s and 80?s. In 1955, as the Yamaha Motor Company, the company also dealt with the production of two-wheelers, and from the early 70?s, professional sound equipment currently known as Yamaha Pro Audio.
Yamaha YP-D7 is a valued turntable launched exclusively in Japan in 1978, i.e. the “golden age” of audio. The model was designed to ensure three key elements: high rotation precision, high sensitivity and low distortion. The YP-D7 uses a Hall DC motor with an FG servo control circuit to drive a 30cm diameter aluminum platter. The turntable’s arm presents some interesting innovations, including an advanced counterbalance mechanism that increases the sensitivity of the stylus. Thanks to its solid and reliable construction that meets the highest standards of Yamaha engineers, the model shows exceptional efficiency
The enclosure has been completely revitalized – rosewood with finishing in Chinese oil produced from natural oils and natural turpentine-based beeswax were used. In addition, it is equipped with the legendary Ortofon 2M Black cartridge with a dedicated elliptical stylus that provides a very wide space and precisely reproduces the soundstage. All metal elements of the turntable have been cleaned and painted using the automotive wet painting technique. Black varnish was used and protected with a colourless, satin varnish.
The device has been fully reviewed and serviced.
– Ortofon 2M Black cartridge professionally calibrated with the turntable
– direct drive – brushless Hall motor with FG servo
– S-shaped, distortion free, statically balanced arm – die-cast zinc – 245 mm long
– the cover has been re-polished and waxed, which gave it a totally brand new look
– new power cord and RCA signal cables with Nakamichi plugs
– plate: aluminum alloy 300mm
– enclosure made of rosewood, finishing in oil produced from natural Chinese oils, natural wood colour
– high vibration damping factor
– adjustable speed of 33 or 45 rpm
– speed control range + – 3%
– adjustable anti-skating system, cushioned arm lifting system
– solid, mechanically damped plate with a thick antistatic mat ? 1.6 kg
– noise and flutter: 0.03% WRMS
– signal-to-noise ratio: 62 dB
– 110/220V power adapter included
– dimensions of the turntable: width 47 cm, depth 36 cm, height 17 cm
– weight approx. 15 kg
– year of production 1977
– made in Japan
2M Black cartridge specifications:
– the entire needle made of diamond with advanced line contact cut (Shibata) significantly increases the contact area with the groove walls and provides exceptionally detailed sound reproduction across the entire spectrum
– the cartridge body made of Hopelex, an environmentally friendly material that provides high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances
– improved drive with split poles and silver-plated copper wire
2M Black is the best; it is precise, provides resolution and proper insight into the recording.
The producer grants a 24-month warranty period.
Technical data of the cartridge:
– Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. – 5 mV
– Channel balance at 1 kHz – 1 dB
– Channel separation at 1 kHz – 26 dB
– Channel separation at 15 kHz – 15 dB
– Frequency response – 20-20.000 + 2 / – 0 dB
– Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force – 80 um
– Compliance, dynamic, lateral – 22 um/mN
– Stylus type – Nude Shibata
– Stylus tip radius – r/R 6/50 um
– Tracking force range – 1.4-1.7 g (14-17 mN)
– Tracking force, recommended – 1.5 g (15 mN)
– Tracking angle – 20°
– Internal impedance, DC resistance – 1.2 kOhm
– Internal inductance – 630 mH
– Recommended load resistance – 47 kOhm
– Recommended load capacitance – 150-300 pF
– Cartridge colour, body/stylus – Black/Black
– Cartridge weight – 7.2 g